What you are Is as important as what you do

Posted in

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon in Oklahoma City. I and my friend was taking his two little boys to an entertainment club. My friend walked up to the man at the ticket counter and said: "How much is it to get in? I'd like four tickets"

The young man replied, "$3.00 for you and $3.00 for any kid who is older than six. We let them in free if they are six or younger. How old are they?"

My friend replied, "This boy is seven and the younger one is four, so I guess I owe you $9.00."

The man at the ticket counter looked him surprisedly then said:

“You could have saved yourself $3.00. You could have told me that the older one was six; I wouldn't have known the difference.”

My friend softly replied:

“Yes, that may be true, but the kids would have known the difference. I don't want to sell my honest and the respect from my children with only $3.00.”

"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom" - Thomas Jefferson

"No legacy is so rich as honesty. "- William Shakespeare

Source: Patricia Fripp

This entry was posted on Friday, September 19, 2014 at Friday, September 19, 2014 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 Review