Be Worth Following Your Guts

Posted in

In 1995, Geerdens had just started her first job at a recruitment company. At the time, investing in IT was still a new thing and when her boss said that she didn't think the company would be investing in "expensive IT," Geerdens communicated her disappointment and was fired a few days later:

Inge Geerdens, CEO CVWarehouse.(Kim Verhaeghe/Youtube)

"I started my very own tech-savvy recruitment company. Not to prove [my boss] wrong; I just felt very strongly about my vision on the future. In just 5 years I built a strong brand and I sold it soon afterwards, focusing even more on the opportunities the Internet has on offer with a new company and my very own online recruitment solution."

"Looking back on this episode, I’m even grateful. It's amazing how things turned out. Every mistake and every choice you ever make has an influence on your path in life. Nothing is written, but I truly believe it is worth following your guts. I fell and stood back up stronger. What I learned? Nobody is too young to have a vision for the company."
(Source: LinkedIn)

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 4, 2014 at Thursday, September 04, 2014 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 Review