Minor Miscalculation Created Such A Long-lasting Impression

Posted in

For his first job, Pickens decided to go into a lawn mowing deal with his grandmother, who owned six small rental houses at the time, but he failed to do any research on his business strategy:

T.Boone Pickens.(Business Insider)
"It would rain two days, then we would have sun for five days. I could see the grass growing – and growing. I hadn’t looked at the job very closely. I didn’t realize the lawns were as big as they were, or what a rainy summer would do to me.

"This was a very bad summer, and you made a bad deal,' my grandmother told me. I couldn’t help but agree. Grandmother was right. Misjudging that bid was a small mistake, one that only cost me a few dollars. Yet the sting of that minor miscalculation created such a long-lasting impression that it has stayed seared in my mind throughout my entire career."
(Source: LinkedIn)

This entry was posted on Friday, September 5, 2014 at Friday, September 05, 2014 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 Review