Making A Good Lasting Impression

Posted in

When he was still at Microsoft, Taneja, found himself in an elevator with an important executive and couldn't say anything more than "hello":

Rajat Taneja, CTO of Electronic Arts.(OreillyMedia via Youtube)

"After that elevator ride, I promised myself to make more of an effort to connect with people with whom I don’t normally interact. In many cases these serendipitous conversations add a whole new dimension to ones thinking ... For those who find themselves in similar situation as I did, my advice is to always take the opportunity to connect with others but the key is to be genuine in doing so. Put some forethought into what you’d want to talk with someone about if you had the chance — this will make for better conversation.

"This experience taught me that in business, you have to make the most of the moments you have and to not let a level of intimidation get in the way of making a good, and lasting, impression."
(Source: LinkedIn)

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 4, 2014 at Thursday, September 04, 2014 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 Review