God would have wanted it that way

Posted in

Never! Never did I ever think that I would lose both of my parents on the same day. However, I received a phone call telling me that both of my parents had been killed in an automobile accident.


Why did they both have to die the same day?! Why me? Why did two good people like them have to die? Why? Why? Why? And why?
I caught the next flight out to Kentucky absolutely in shock, full of questions and full of disbelief. I met my two sisters who were hysterical and in full denial that this could be happening to our family.

I went to my parents’ home and there, laying on the stand next to my dad’s favorite rocking chair, was the birthday gift I had sent him. In their home, their spirit and ambiance was still warm and it seemed to collect around me in a mysterious way. I couldn’t believe it; I had talked to them only two days earlier on the phone. Now, forever gone! Eternity!
God would have wanted it that way (Internet)
During the four-day wake, several hundred friends and relatives came to pay their respects. Friends sat around the casket recalling the good times they had had with my dear parents when they were alive. I was never more proud of them in my life. But the one thing that helped me understand their deaths more than anything was the statement made in the eulogy by Reverend Dewitt Furrow.

He said, “You may ask why they were called to heaven on the same day! They would have wanted it that way, since they were never apart, always hand in hand and arm in arm, always walking in love together on this earth. It would be selfish of us to want one to stay, one to go on. The remaining one would have died of grief within a year. God has two angels now, walking around heaven together as they did here on earth. God would have wanted it that way!”


Source: Douglas Paul Blankenship

This entry was posted on Monday, September 29, 2014 at Monday, September 29, 2014 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the .

0 Review